Although more and more of the devices we use daily have built-in rechargeable batteries, AA, AAA, 9V batteries, or 18650 cells are still very popular. We still use them in remote controls, portable radios, game controllers, blood pressure monitors, and toys, among others. Rechargeable batteries are a great alternative to disposable batteries, which can be charged repeatedly. This not only saves money but is also an environmentally friendly choice. However, these cells require the use of special chargers. What if we told you that they don’t necessarily? Explore our revolutionary rechargeable batteries with built-in USB-C ports and learn what you can gain from them!
If you often travel or happen to work in different places, you surely have a portable essential kit of the most necessary gadgets and accessories. A set of handy cables, chargers, or readers makes it easier to function on a daily basis and carry out planned tasks efficiently. If you use devices powered by popular AA, AAA, 9V, or 18650 batteries, our USB-C rechargeable batteries should definitely be in your inventory. You can learn about all the superpowers that the latest cells from Newell have in the following article:
- Why are rechargeable batteries with USB-C better than regular AA, AAA, 9V or 18650 batteries?
- Do you need a charger to charge batteries with USB-C?
- Can a battery with a USB-C port be charged from a power bank?
- How to charge Newell USB-C rechargeable batteries?
- What models of Newell rechargeable batteries have a built-in USB-C port?
- Is it safe to charge batteries via USB-C?
- What devices are not compatible with USB-C batteries?
Rechargeable batteries with USB-C port – How does it work?
We created our new rechargeable batteries with the forgetful and those who value every inch of space in their hand luggage in mind. Thanks to the USB-C port on the cell’s housing, all you need to charge it is a single cable, connected to a power bank or smartphone charger! Only induction-charged batteries would probably be more convenient by now, but there’s still some way to go for this technology 😂. With a USB-C port, charging AA, AAA, 9V or 18650 batteries will be as easy as charging a headphone, tablet, or e-cigarette.
Which Newell rechargeable batteries have a built-in USB-C port?
A few months ago we introduced you to 9 USB-C rechargeable battery models designed to work with popular camera brands such as Nikon, Sony, Canon, Olympus, and Fuji. This time it’s time for a revolution in the world of consumer electronics, with popular “sticks” (AA and AAA), nine-volt batteries, and 18650 batteries gaining in popularity. Newell’s line of the latest products with the “USB-C” annotation is as follows:
- Newell AA USB-C 1550 mAh 2-pack blister – AAA batteries are some of the most popular batteries in the world. In the set, you will find 2 Newell rechargeable batteries with USB-C ports and a power cable. You will use them to power clocks, remote controls, flashlights, game controllers, smoke detectors, blood pressure monitors, or toys, among others.
- Newell AAA USB-C battery 500 mAh 2-pack blister – a slightly smaller version of “sticks” will work well for similar types of devices. These rechargeable batteries are also sold in sets of 2, with the included cable.
- Newell 9 V USB-C 500 mAh battery – an excellent alternative to traditional rectangular 6F22 batteries. The cells are used in radios, calculators, smoke detectors, wall clocks, or electrical circuits used for scientific purposes, among others. USB-A / USB-C cable included.
- Newell 18650 USB-C 2200 mAh battery – cells that are gaining popularity finally lived to see a variant with a built-in USB-C port. They are used in cameras, camcorders, flashlights, electronic cigarettes, vaporizers, and power tools, among others.
Innovative battery charging system via USB-C port
Each cell in the new USB-C product line offers up to 1,200 charging cycles. This means that one rechargeable battery can replace up to 1,200 disposable batteries! We’ve also made sure to support state-of-the-art technology. Our new batteries are extremely resistant to self-discharge. If you charge them to full, you can be sure that they will retain about 80% of their energy after 12 months of storage. The batteries with built-in USB-C ports were created based on lithium-ion technology. As a result, they can be repeatedly charged, discharged, and recharged at any time. With our cells, you will also avoid the occurrence of the so-called memory effect, i.e. “remembering” the reduced usage time.
Protection and safety
Newell USB-C batteries use an intelligent protection system. It regulates the charging process while ensuring a high level of protection for the powered devices. With these batteries, your electronic equipment is sure to be safe. Our technologies are a guarantee of reliability and durability, as well as adequate protection against overheating, overcharging or overloading.
Watch out for your music equipment!
A rechargeable battery with a built-in USB-C port is a very practical solution when it comes to remote controls, flashlights, game controllers, or toys. However, there are devices where you may encounter some complications. It’s about the equipment used for transmission or audio processing. Using this type of battery to power some musical instruments, guitar effects, microphones or radios, you may experience unwanted noise or signal interference. This is affected by the presence of a USB-C circuit, which is not present in traditional batteries. In case of signal interference problems, it is best to consult the manufacturer of your device and make sure it is compatible with the parameters of our batteries.
USB-C rechargeable batteries – go green!
Writing about the advantages of rechargeable batteries, we can’t forget about ecology. In our homes, there is no shortage of devices powered by disposable batteries. These include remote controls, clocks, game controllers, smoke detectors, flashlights, blood pressure monitors, and children’s toys. Every time the batteries in the devices run out, we throw them in the trash (the one for them, of course ♻️). This is not the case with rechargeable batteries. They can be recharged up to several hundred times! Just think how many fewer cells will end up in landfills if you give up disposable batteries. Importantly, you’ll also save a lot of time. Recall how many times your discharged devices have forced you to make unscheduled visits to stores where batteries are sold. When you use USB-C batteries, all you need is a cable connected to a power bank or charger. Our planet will certainly thank you!
The 40-month warranty still applies!
For our latest USB-C rechargeable batteries, the same buyer protection rules apply, which I’m sure you’ve already had time to learn if you regularly check in on our blog, Facebook or Instagram. For the sake of your utmost convenience, the service warranty on all Newell products has been extended up to 40 months! When you choose a Newell AA USB-C 1550 mAh, Newell AAA USB-C 500 mAh, Newell 9 V USB-C 500 mAh, or Newell 18650 USB-C 2200 mAh battery as a package, you get the support of our technical support department for over 3 years!